Saturday, November 12, 2016

Whatever

I had a friend that I introduced to the practice early on in my practice. I was so eager and enthusiastic to share. I had no idea the impact or any of the energetic components or reasons that someone should get trained properly like I do now. I thought it was harmless. I am now quite horrified at my own lack of understanding about this at the time. I am grateful for the gentle loving way Sasha adjusted me and educated me. Two years later I hAve learned so much more about what it takes energetically to hold and support new omers. It amazes me every time we have a new class the wave of limbic connection I feel in my body as the whole community has a role in supporting each member even if they individually aren't aware of it. The people who say yes to holding the class are saying yes to so much more than just putting a class together! They are saying yes to opening their systems to holding and feeling right along with every person in the class. They feel every subtle nuance of anxiety, fear, self-doubt, insecurity, body image issues, sadness, grief etc; the list goes on and on concerning what comes up for people regarding sex, connection, attraction. Each person on the team has worked through a lot of their own issues with these same feelings and in these areas. They have done their work and grown and learned how to expand their ability to be present in intense high sensation. There is no substitute for people who have what we call "time on the 
Mat" or who've done their practice.

The saddest part about my experience of improperly introducing my friend to this practice is that I did her a disservice. She to this day doesn't OM and I can't help but wonder if I had not stepped in and tried to save her from her own shyness or make it easier for her because I felt she would surely understand if she tried it, then maybe she would have had the opportunity to be held and supported energetically by people who were trained to do just that; not only from the coaching program but also from their experience in their practices. I can't help but wonder if I hindered her own access to her own freedom with my uninformed, ignorant, good intentions. Beating myself up does no good, so I opt to trust in faith that every ones practice looks differently and this bump was just another perfect part of both mine and hopefully, eventually, her practice.  I learned my lesson

No comments:

Post a Comment