Sunday, July 6, 2014

 I am so grateful that the community came together and we all celebrated my son's 16th birthday! It was amazing. Sasha created a rite of passage type ritual for him that we all did where we stood in a circle lit each other's sparklers and reminisced on our experiences as a 16 year old, then shared any wisdom we had for him from that age. Then she told him to come up with some requests for each of us for the upcoming year that he could redeem at any time and we were all to go around and offer what gifts we had for him such as, love, encouragement, acceptance, phone numbers for him to reach out. It came back around to him and he was to make his requests and he said that he just wanted them all to keep being the loving family that they have been to us. Oh my goodness, I felt my heart melt as pressure and energy shifted from my heart up through my throat and tears sprang to my eyes. There was a collective sigh of appreciation. It was a beautiful moment

No comments:

Post a Comment